What is Couples Therapy?
Couples therapy is a form of counseling that helps romantic partners resolve issues within their marriage or relationship. You and your partner might choose to seek couples counseling as a way to strengthen your relationship, or as a way to solve specific problems that might be damaging your life together.
As a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, I specialize in helping romantic partners reconcile their differences. You, your partner, and I will explore your relationship patterns and history, and work to rebuild your intimacy and trust from the inside out.
Why Is Couples Therapy Important?
Therapy for couples is important because it allows committed partners in a relationship a chance to rebuild what they once had and live happier lives moving forward. At Still Waters Therapy, we dive deep into everything from infidelity to family history to find a healthy middle ground to reconstruct your relationship.
Recognizing the Symptoms: When is it time for couples therapy?
If any of the following situations sound familiar to you, call me at (916) 579-7145 for a free 15-minute consultation.
- The trust in your relationship is severely damaged.
- A partner has cheated (emotionally and physically), and now things just don’t feel the same.
- You two are arguing more frequently and becoming more aggressive.
- The atmosphere in the house is no longer happy or peaceful.
- Your relationship is showing signs of poor communication.
- You feel like your partner doesn’t care, misunderstands you, or doesn’t listen to what you have to say.
- Something feels “off” in your relationship, but you’re not quite sure what.
- You don’t feel like you have the support that you need in your relationship.
These are all serious concerns that deserve immediate attention. If left unchecked, these problems can lead to unhappiness, inner turmoil in each partner, or dissolution of your relationship. Attending couples therapy together can help address communication issues, uncover other conflicts, and reprogram your negative patterns for a healthier relationship.
How to Get Started
If you or a couple you know could benefit from couples counseling, I encourage you to call my office to discuss available options. You and your partner deserve a second chance at happiness in your home, as long as you both are committed to healing together.
Things may never be perfect, but you can be happy. Call a licensed professional to start counseling today.
Don’t wait to close the gap that’s growing within your relationship. Click the button below to contact me now, or call (916) 579-7145 today.